NUSP Resource Kit
This Resource Kit is provided by the National Upgrading Support Programme (NUSP) for everyone involved in designing and implementing projects in terms of the Upgrading of Informal Settlements Programme (UISP).
This includes projects that are components of Output 1 of Outcome 8 of the National Delivery Agreement. Outcome 8 is directed towards the achievement of sustainable human settlements and improved quality of household life, and its Output 1 is to improve the standard of services and security of tenure to 400 000 households in well-located informal settlements by March 2014.
The Resource Kit is easy to use. It covers nine subjects and each subject page provides a simple explanation and easy links to more detailed information. There are 10 parts to the kit – one for each subject and the last to suggest further reading:
- Part 1 - Understanding your Informal Settlements
- Part 2 - In Situ Upgrading Principles and Policies
- Part 3 - Building Partnerships
- Part 4 - Surveys, Registration and Security of Tenure
- Part 5 - The Planning Process
- Part 6 - Financing Upgrading
- Part 7 - Design & Implementation
- Part 8 - Monitoring and Evaluation
- Part 9 - Sustaining Improvement
- Part 10 - Further Reading
This is the ‘foundation stage’ in building the Resource Kit, so it has been limited to basic and essential information. We would like to extend and improve it to meet your needs – so please let us know what further information you require, and we will do our best to find it for you.